Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Hack the Planet!

Started by RW, April 13, 2015, 10:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

On what planet is this a felony?  Furthering that, at what point do we (Florida) stop using the legal system to teach kids simple lessons about respecting property?

Florida Teen Charged With Computer Hacking After Changing Teacher's Computer Background To Gay Kiss Image

A 14-year-old Florida student has been charged with a cybercrime after allegedly hacking onto his school's computer network to change the background image on a teacher's computer to a photograph of two men kissing.

Eighth grader Domanik Green, who attends Paul R. Smith Middle School in Holiday, was suspended from school for 10 days and also charged with an offense against a computer system and unauthorized access, according to The Tampa Bay Times.

A number of media reports are pointing to the fact that one of the computers that Green accessed had encrypted questions for the 2014 version of a standardized test that Florida administers to students in all its public schools stored on it, but authorities say that the teen did not view or tamper with those files. Meanwhile, Green has argued that his actions were merely a prank.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/13/domanik-green-florida-teacher-hacking-_n_7054880.html">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/1 ... 54880.html">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/13/domanik-green-florida-teacher-hacking-_n_7054880.html
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

I think just the suspension would have been enough. The charges should be dismissed, but America is becoming more of a school-to-prison pipeline.

Romero

QuoteTraditionally, police stepped on school grounds to respond to emergencies, such as those involving threats or major acts of violence, or to provide security, such as at arrival and dismissal times and at special events. What's new is the growing trend of having police stationed in schools full-time. In other words, schools have become some officers' beat. And like traditional policing, many officers walk this beat armed.

The consequence has been the rise of the school-to-prison pipeline, a disturbing trend where police officers get involved in routine student conflicts and disciplinary matters that are not particularly dangerous or violent. The result is too often an escalation of the incident resulting in students' removal from school through arrest, citation, or fine.

Sometimes this leads students to disengage from school or drop out altogether, which also increases the likelihood that they'll have more interactions with the criminal justice system. As Michael Nash, presiding judge of Los Angeles' juvenile court, told the New York Times, "Once the kids get involved in the court system, it's a slippery slope downhill."

Not surprisingly, all students are not treated the same. "Beyond Zero Tolerance," The American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania's recent report, revealed the disproportionate punishment of students of color and students with disabilities, mimicking what happens on the streets outside the school's doors.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/harold-jordan/school-to-prison-pipeline_b_6911840.html?utm_hp_ref=tw">//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/harold-jordan/school-to-prison-pipeline_b_6911840.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Romero

^
Quoteit's a slippery Asian person downhill

ac_toofunny  "slippery Asian person" = "slippery sl0pe". "Sl0pe" is still in the filter.

I actually went back to the source article to make sure it didn't actually say "slippery Asian person".

cc

lethal injection

or

firing squad
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

We need to rig an explosive up in romeros ass and send him to join ISIS.

RW

Quote from: "Romero"^

ac_toofunny  "slippery Asian person" = "slippery sl0pe". "Sl0pe" is still in the filter.

I actually went back to the source article to make sure it didn't actually say "slippery Asian person".

hahaha too funny!
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "cc li tarte"lethal injection

or

firing squad

That's about the level of ridiculousness.

WTF is wrong with the world?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

Funny and islam is no more in that area.

cc

depends on what  is(lam) is

credit - BillyBob C.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

Quote from: "cc li tarte"depends on what  is(lam) is

credit - BillyBob C.

I bet Adolf Eichmann said depends on what you mean by being commander.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"^

I forgot I filtered that word Romero..

I will take it out.

Romero

It was a hearty last laugh. A fitting retirement for our good friend Slippery Asian, also known as "sl0pe", "stop calling me that", "why is this filtered" and "kittens".

A reminder of a simpler time in the good old days. You will be surely missed, Slippery Asian.

keeper

They should make him post on VF for a month.  ac_biggrin

To Soon?  ac_dance

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"lethal injection

or

firing squad

That's about the level of ridiculousness.

WTF is wrong with the world?

It does seem excessive RW.